Tuesday, February 23, 2010

2.23.2010

It's been awhile since the last update and I'm happy to report some good news. Paul has been making alot of progress lately. He has started to eat regularly and gained a healthy amount of weight. He was very underweight for a while due to his lack of appetite. The doctors will clamp off his feeding tube for a few days and see if he maintains his weight on his own.

His mood has also improved significantly, he has been pleasant and has been walking to the dining room for dinner and has been cooperative with his therapies.

I recieved this email from my Dad a few days ago and wanted to share with everyone:

Hi Tara,
This morning I made Paul a blueberry pancake breakfast. He ate 4 of them!! He also had a glass of juice. We walked to a kitchen that was outside of his building and he sat there while I prepared it. This morning when we arrived, the nurses said he had not eaten and was waiting for us to come and make the pancakes. (We had talked about it the day before).
Miss you and looking forward to coming home.
Love,
Dad


Hope to see many of you at the fundraiser this Friday!!

Tara

3 comments:

  1. Paul buddy, I hope I can make you some pancakes and BACON pretty soon and you can eat them to your heart's content. Glad to hear you are gaining strength! Go go go!!
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are getting better! You are strong paul just like the rest of the Bailey family! My prayers are with you all!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete