Sunday, April 25, 2010

4.25.10

Hello Everyone,

Paul and I just finished a big omelette breakfast. I just told him we would write this entry together because it's been ages since I've updated the blog. I'm trying to recall the date while Paul is singing along to the local classic rock radio station. Listening to classic rock and the Phillies games have become regular hobbies of his these days. I tell him that I have no idea what the date is and Paul states, April 25th, and tells me he wants me to check it to make sure it is right. "You can't write the wrong date," he says, so I check my phone and he's right on. I am glad someone knows what's going on! He also knows more of what is going on in the game than I do and he can't even see it. He knows the batting order and he updates me about what's happening play by play.

Paul has been going to therapy at Magee Rehab three days a week. In between his therapy, he has been going to various doctor appointments and has been entertaining many visitors. Paul is looking forward to his friend Joe bringing his dog Bear to NJ on May 5th. Paul has been in good spirits and has the same fun sense of humor, his memory is great and his main disibilities are his vision and wrists. He is still completely blind and has had various tests at Wills Eye in Philadelphia. We are waiting for another follow-up appointment from his last test. At this point, we do not know much about a prognosis.

Paul would like to thank everyone in Australia: the surgeons, nurses and therapists who helped him while he was going through a rough time. Paul is also thankful for everyone who has supported him through this experience: his friends and parents who stayed by his bedside in Australia and to all the friends and family who helped back at home.

Love,

Paul & Tara

2 comments:

  1. Paul, so glad to hear you and Bear have been reunited. I'm disappointed I missed the PB Jam -- I heard about it just a few days too late. I left Oregon last week and am back on the east coast for a while (TN at the moment). Enjoy your pup. I'm keeping you in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete