Friday, January 8, 2010

1.8.10

Paul had an eight hour surgery yesterday to repair the air leak in his brain. There were extensive injuries to the bones in his face and head at the time of the accident and some of the bone could not be recovered. The surgeons grafted, or placed new tissue, at the area of the leak. The tissue was taken from other parts of Paul's own body in the hopes it will grow new tissue with a good blood supply and ultimately repair the leak. The surgeons are pleased with the initial outcome. Now we will wait and hope that the grafting is successful.

Think good thoughts everyone!

Tara & Aunt Meg

4 comments:

  1. I'm thinking about you buddy. Heal up quick!

    Much love, Kesi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Paul, James DelViscio here. I don't use the computer much so I just found out about this. Get better and come home.
    James

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Paul, We are all following your incredible progress. Best of Luck to you. If you need some Aussie visitors just say so. I've got family there. Thanks to your beautiful family for all the updates. Hopes for you going home soon.
    Jennifer(RMI)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paul,
    Kelsey's friend Cassalyn here. We hung out back in 2008 when Kels organized a fun weekend. Wanted to say that I just caught up thanks to this blog via Kelsey's. I'm gonna turn on some Trampled by Turtles now and send all my very best to you and your family! I'm in Seattle now, lemme know if there's anything you need from WA.
    best!
    C

    ReplyDelete