Saturday, December 5, 2009

12.5.09

Hello everyone, I haven't heard any updates from my parents, but I want to share a note that I recieved from Paul's friend Amy who visited him last weekend:

Hi Tara,
I wanted to send you a note after visiting with Paul last weekend. I haven't had internet access this week but wanted you to know that I had a really promising visit with him on Sunday. I saw him for a bit on Saturday and he knew who I was and we had a brief conversation.

On Sunday night I visited him and we walked down the hall twice and he had extended moments of absolute clarity on what had happened and where we were. He is becoming more aware of the bandages on his arms and is frustrated that no one will remove them. But I think it is also a sign that he is becoming more aware of his body and injuries. I fed him some dinner and gave him a foot rub and he was awake and alert for about 1.5 hours. He made statements that expressed that he was aware of his state. For example, he would say after sitting up for a period of time, "I really feel like hell...my whole body hurts." Also, on our walks, which he was walking very quickly and had a lot of energy, he said "you have no idea what is going through my mind right now...all my thoughts are scattered."

There were also moments where he was truly Paul. He had a banana energy drink that tasted awful. I told him he should really drink it b/c he needs the energy and he said if I taste it and like it he would drink more. :) I didn't like it either.

I thought of you that night and how much you would like to be there with him and I just wanted to tell you this. I hope you get to see him over the holidays and I truly believe, though at times progree is slow, Paul will return to us.

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment